Multimedia Journalist / Reporter - WOIO / Wuab
WOIO-WUAB are the CBS and CW Affiliates in Cleveland, Ohio. We produce 56.5 hour of news per week and deliver content in both English and Spanish on a 24/7 basis on our digital platforms.
WOIO 19 News is seeking a full-time MMJ/Reporter. Our candidate will report on a variety of issues/events/subjects, including breaking news, enterprise and investigative topics. Must be a creative story-teller with strong live skills.
The primary job duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Candidate must be able to lift/carry video equipment and be capable of shooting, writing, editing and posting multiple stories daily on air, on-line, mobile technology and social networking websites all under tight deadlines.
- Must be a good, creative writer, have an inquisitive mind, very strong journalist, great communicator and a positive leader inside and outside the newsroom.
- Must learn the difference between television writing and writing for the web.
- Must demonstrate the ability to produce high levels of reporting, including investigative stories.
- Must have the desire to pursue breaking news to turn the lead story every night.
- Must contribute daily to all social media platforms to help recruit viewers to television newscasts.
Applicant should have a minimum of 3-years experience. Experience with newsroom computer systems preferred. Bilingual journalism skills also preferred. Qualified applicants please apply on-line and attach your resume and link to your most recent work. No phone calls please. EOE-M/F/D/V
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d97o4z-3-230-144-31-42 in your application.