WOIO/WUAB are the CBS and CW Affiliates in Cleveland, Ohio, as well as WTCL, the only Telemundo station in the Cleveland DMA. We produce 66.5 hours of live, local news, weather and sports every week and deliver content on a 24/7 basis on our digital platforms on WOIO/WUAB and 5+ hours of news on WTCL.
WOIO 19 News is searching for a dynamic, engaging meteorologist to join Cleveland's most accurate First Alert Weather team.
Analyze raw scientific data, models, and other available and relevant information to create an accurate weather forecast for our 22-county viewing area. Create a compelling, conversational presentation of weather forecast for broadcast, streaming, digital, and social media audiences. Accurately forecast and track severe weather utilizing IBM/WSI Max systems. Communicate with news staff to inform editorial decision-making. Write, report, research and edit Science School feature stories. Must be willing to learn and become proficient in Max Reality 3D live weather presentations.
- the primary job responsibilities include, but are not limited to the duties listed above
• Bachelor's degree in meteorology, atmospheric science or related field.
• AMS seal preferred.
• 3-5 years of experience as a broadcast meteorologist required.
• Demonstrated mastery of digital and social media strategy.
• Excellent time management skills and an ability to prioritize tasks and information under pressure are required.
• Must be able to work independently and as part of a team.
• Must have scheduling flexibility.
• Other duties as assigned by news management.
Come join our dynamic news team, go to https://gray.tv/careers#currentopenings, you may type in the job title, station call letters, or click on ''apply now'', upload your resume, cover letter and references
(Current employees that are interested in this position can apply through the Gray-TV UltiPro employee portal)
WOIO/WUAB-TV/Gray Television Group, Inc. is a drug-free company
Gray Television encourages all new employees to be fully vaccinated against the coronavirus virus prior by the first workday.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g4qmxz-3-231-217-107-42 in your application.