News Reporter / Anchor
Assistant News Director - WOIO / Wuab
WOIO-19 and WUAB-43 are the CBS and CW Affiliates in Cleveland, with WTCL(Telemundo), the only local Spanish language station in the Cleveland DMA. We deliver 66.5 hours of live local news, weather and sports every week and deliver content on a 24/7 basis on our digital platforms on WOIO/WUAB and 5+ hours of news and weather in Spanish on WTCL. We are a top 20 Market, #19 and the fastest growing news in Cleveland.
WOIO-WUAB is searching for an aggressive, dynamic Assistant News Director to help manage the day-to-day operations of the newsroom. The ideal candidate will possess excellent news judgement and strong management skills to lead and guide news coverage for broadcast, as well as all WOIO's digital platrforms. The Assistant News Director will work closely with the News Director on special projects planning and leading an award-winning team in a fast-paced news environment.
Duties/Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
* Work closely with ND and management team.
* Participate and help guide daily editorial and planning meetings. Make editorial decisions and assist in the development of those daily coverage plans.
* Assist ND to ensure staff is creating compelling news content for all WOIO, WUAB and WTCL's newscasts and digital platforms on story enterprise, development and content.
* Assist in ensuring the news team follows best practices on all platforms.
* Assist in planning and executing Breaking News, Severe Weather, and ''Big Story'' coverage. Able to make split second decisions and assist in leading the news teams during those events
* Help execute news strategies developed by news and station management.
* Assist in holding staff accountable and conduct regular feedback with employees.
* Ability to fill in in the absence of the News Director, maintaining a positive newsroom culture.
* Maintain a high level of confidentiality.
* Minimum 3-5 years news management experience
* Bachelor's degree in Journalism preferred
* Knowledge of all newsroom systems and equipment, as well as knowledge and understanding in using various digital and social platforms
* General knowledge of the Cleveland DMA
* Strong management, communication and people skills required to supervise and interact daily with staff and the community
* Ability to multi-task in high stress situations
* Proven leadership ability
* Excellent organization skills
* Enjoy a fast-paced environment with a desire to win
If you feel you're qualified and want to work with a great group of people go to https://gray.tv/careers#currentopenings, you may type in the job title, station call letters, or click on ''apply now'', upload your resume, cover letter and references
WOIO-TV/Gray Television Group, Inc. is a drug-free company
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-dy9zj3-3-236-209-138-42 in your application.
Gray Television supports local community interests by providing quality television broadcasting and exceptional service in each market we serve. Gray owns and/or operates television stations and leading digital properties in 93 television markets including the first or second highest rated television station in 85 markets. We are an unmatched broadcast pioneer that keeps getting bigger and better.