WOAI/KABB in San Antonio, Texas is looking for an investigative producer who holds people in powerful positions accountable. Our news station has a history of hard-hitting, impactful investigative journalism and is looking for the candidate who will be a leader in innovative and visual storytelling and will be an editorial voice in our investigative unit. The ideal candidate will have knowledge and/or experience in open records, FOIA, data journalism, media law, social and digital production. In addition to investigative pieces, this producer will, from time to time, assist in breaking news, daily news, and special coverage.
The ideal candidate will have:
• Solid news judgment
• Be a compelling and accurate writer
• Be able to multitask and manage time in order to put together an exciting and informative newscast
• Ability to work in a fast-paced and deadline driven environment
• Strong leadership and communication skills
• The ability to execute news strategies and goals in daily newscasts
• Flexibility and on-the-spot problem solving abilities are a must
• Proficient with non-linear editing (i.e. Avid) and newsroom systems, such as iNews
• Must have at least some 1-2 years news producing experience at a commercial TV station,
• A journalism degree is preferred
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace!
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d9qxzz-18-205-26-39-42 in your application.