WNDU-TV is a great place for new and experienced television professionals to make their next career move. Located on the campus of The University of Notre Dame, WNDU is a top-notch multimedia company who has invested heavily in the latest newsgathering and production technology to better serve our community. As the market leader and South Bend Indiana's NBC and Antenna TV affiliate, WNDU serves more than 313,000 households in the 96th television DMA. It's an ideal location close to Chicago and Indianapolis and just 30 minutes from Lake Michigan. Home to The University of Notre Dame, Indiana University South Bend, and Saint Mary's College, the South Bend area is a thriving destination for first-rate education, sports, arts, and entertainment.
WNDU is looking for a talented News Producer to join our award-winning team. This position works closely with the Executive Producer and News Director in addition with having direct communication with Technical Media Producers, Assignment Manager, Reporters and other news staff. In this position, you will be responsible for the content and flow of newscasts and web content and overall quality of our news product. You will lead the charge in the development of our newscasts to meet a high standard.
The successful candidate will be responsible for (but not limited to) the following:
• Great conversational writing skills
• Strong editorial and communication skills
• Work well under a deadline
• Adapt to breaking news and developing stories
• Coordinate the writing and editing of scripts with excellent use of video and graphics to enhance storytelling
• Communicate with anchors, field crews, reporters and control room staff
• Write content for the station website and social media
Education Requirements -
• College Degree in Journalism
Prior Work Experience -
• Producing experience while earning college degree or producing experience at a television station
Other Requirements -
A pre-employment drug screening and motor vehicle record check are required.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r71x88-3-236-117-38-42 in your application.