WNCN, the CBS station in Raleigh, is looking for an experienced Producer to help take our newscasts to the next level. We're looking for passionate candidates with strong news judgment, the ability to showcase important stories, and who know how to win ''Breaking News and Weather''.
Our producers help craft the station's daily content, work with the assignment desk, our crews in the field, and our digital team. Candidates must have a BA in Journalism and a minimum of 3 years Producer experience at a network affiliate. If you're ready to join our team, please apply online at the Nexstar Career site at www.nexstar.tv
The News Producer produces daily newscast items, decides the order in which stories will be told, writes teases and other content, times news programs, edits video, and posts video to the website.
• Produces newscasts for broadcast across all platforms
• Writes and orders news stories
• Approves scripts
• Balances news and feature content to create compelling broadcasts
• Edits video
• Writes stories for the website and other eMedia platforms
• Interacts with viewers and users on social media sites
• Performs other duties as assigned
Requirements & Skills:
• Bachelor's degree in Journalism, or a related field, or an equivalent combination of education and work-related experience
• Fluency in English
• Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
• Minimum two years' experience in news operations (Depending on market size)
• Proficiency with computers, telephones, copiers, scanners, fax machines and other office equipment
• Ability to meet deadlines, prioritize assignments and handle multiple tasks simultaneously
• Flexibility to work any shift
Nexstar Media Group is America’s largest local television and media company with 196 full power stations (including partner stations) in 114 markets addressing nearly 63% of US television households and a growing digital media operation.