WNCN-TV, in Raleigh North Carolina, has a rare opening for General Sales Manager. We are looking for the next successful leader to join the Nexstar family. If you want to lead a sales team, in one of the fastest growing cities in the US, this could be the match.
Raleigh is the capital city of North Carolina, and along with neighboring Durham and Chapel Hill, make up an area known as the Research Triangle – which includes multiple colleges and universities know for research and technology…as well as rivalries. The market also includes the world's largest military base-Ft. Bragg. US News & World Report ranks the area in the top 10 places to live in the United States. Forbes Magazine named it #2 in its Best Places for Business and Careers survey, and #5 in its job growth survey.
The General Sales Manager oversees all aspects of the Sales Department, including staff management, advertising inventory throughout all channels, revenue goal setting and achievement, and budgeting. This position works directly with the General Manager and other Department Heads to meet goals and deadlines.
• Provides leadership for the broadcast/web sales teams
• Makes decisions regarding hiring, evaluation, promotion and termination of employees
• Develops and executes sales strategies which result in exceeding revenue targets in local, national, digital and new product revenue
• Coaches and trains Local Sales Manager and Digital Sales Manager
• Drives new business development
• Manages inventory and revenue forecasting
• Manages recruitment and development of talented sales professionals
• Manages NSM oversite on negotiations of all Political and National Sales efforts
• Prepares budgets and approves budget expenditures
• Resolves any customer complaints regarding sales and service
• Plans and directs staffing, training, and performance evaluations to develop and control sales and service programs
• Directs the Accounts Receivable efforts of the Sales Department
• Performs other duties as assigned
Requirements & Skills:
• Bachelor's degree in Marketing, Advertising or Mass Communications, or an equivalent combination of education and work-related experience
• Fluency in English
• Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
• Minimum five years' experience in media sales, preferably sales management
• Valid driver's license with an acceptable driving record
• Experience guiding, directing and motivating subordinates, including setting performance standards and monitoring performance
• Experience establishing long-range objectives and specifying the strategies and actions to achieve them
• Ability to identify the developmental needs of others and to coach, mentor or otherwise help others to improve their knowledge or skills
• Proficiency with computers, telephones, copiers, and other office equipment
• Wide Orbit Sales and Matrix experience is preferred
EEO Statement: Equal Opportunity Employer-Minorities/Women/Veterans
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g34wpn-44-192-94-86-42 in your application.