New York, NY
• Provide timely and useful information to commuters across multiple platforms during WNBC newscasts
• Responsible for gathering and producing information on current traffic conditions for on-air presentation and posting on station's digital platforms
• Present traffic information in a professional manner
• Interact in an engaging and informative way with the news team
• Must be able to function in a news reporter and/or anchor role in studio
• Very strong speaking skills with the ability to ad-lib effortlessly in various types of situations, especially breaking news
• Active engagement on social media (Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, etc.)
• Participate in station-sponsored events and all assigned special promotions projects
• Perform field anchoring/reporting and other temporary assignments, as needed
• Minimum 3 years' experience television anchor/reporter experience in a top 25 market
• Must be able to work a variety of shifts including early morning hours, weekends, holidays and overnights.
• Required to join SAG-AFTRA union and remain a member in good standing
• Bachelor's degree in Journalism, Communications or related field preferred or equivalent work experience
• Experience working with Dalet, WSI and other traffic programs.
• Knowledge of New York, New Jersey and Connecticut as well as mass transit and highways in the tri-State
• Previous on-air experience, broadcast news or traffic reporting/anchoring
• Strong computer skills, and be able to work with a variety of computer graphics applications
• Strong understanding and demonstration of editorial judgment and journalistic ethics, including a current knowledge of laws of libel, slander and applicable FCC rules and regulations
• Demonstrated ability to solve problems, prioritize decisions, and successfully manage multiple assignments concurrently in a high pressure, breaking news environment
• Ability to work effectively and communicate with others in a team environment at all levels
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d91ykm-3-238-95-208-42 in your application.