MMJ / Reporter
New York, NY
- Multi Media Journalist will cover news as assigned by WNBC-TV News Department managers and assignment editors, gathering information, operating lightweight digital camera and related equipment, writing and editing reports for station's broadcast and digital platforms.
- Create digital content for all platforms.
- Write scripts, lead-ins, cues and bridges as requested by supervisor or producers.
• Minimum 4 years of experience as a Multi-Media Journalist.
• Minimum 2 years of experience working in a top 50 market television stations as a general assignment reporter.
• Bachelor's Degree in journalism or communications.
• Must be willing to work weekends and overnight shifts.
• Must be available to work evenings, overnights, weekends, holidays or whenever assigned.
• Must be willing to submit to a background investigation.
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States.
• Must be willing to work in New York City area.
• Must be 18 years or older.
• Must have the ability to work any of a 24 x 7 shift.
• This is a union position. Must join SAG-AFTRA if not already a member.
• Knowledge of the Tri-State area – New York, Connecticut and New Jersey.
• Well-versed in a wide variety of subjects to include local, state and national affairs.
• Demonstrated skills as reporter, photographer and editor.
• Must be a team player and work effectively in a face paced environment.
• Ability to communicate on-air effectively.
• Ability to write television news copy combining the script with pictorial content.
• Ability to edit video.
• Ability to communicate with and work well with people under constant pressure of deadlines.
• Ability to make sound news judgment and decisions regarding news stories with the highest integrity and ability to verify facts and information.
• Creative & can showcase content in new & inventive ways.
• Strong sense of urgency for breaking news.
• Must have the desire to work in a creative, demanding, competitive environment.
• Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
• Excellent news instincts with the ability to react decisively to breaking news, combined with the ability to write succinctly.
• Ability to work on multiple tasks and stories simultaneously in a fast-paced environment.