WMUR has an immediate opening for a news videographer. We are looking for a self-motivated individual who strives to capture the story every day. This member of our team will work closely with reporters. They will collaborate with the team and spend much of the day shooting, editing and executing live shots. The winning candidate must be tech savvy and knowledgeable about the most modern aspects of our medium. We prefer experience using Sony XD Cam, GoPros, laptop computers and iPhones. Knowledge of Adobe Premiere and utilize ENG, SNG, and wireless data to feed completed work to the station is also preferred. Excellent editing skills, exceptional time-management abilities, effective communication style, organization, and knowledge of Adobe Premiere, Precis, ABC and CNN platforms are critical. An excellent eye for video and the highest journalistic standards are a must.
• Shooting and editing VOs, VO-SOTs and packages for broadcast and digital platforms.
• Working with the assignment desk and reporters to cover daily stories.
• Gathering video and still pictures for broadcast and digital platforms.
• Working with reporters and producers to ensure the best content and facts are gathered.
• Working with producers to ensure their creative vision is executed with video and sound.
• Communicating and coordinating incoming video elements from crews in the field.
• Assist with cataloging systems to archive and locate necessary video.
• Produce and publish content to our online platforms.
• In-person attendance is required.
• Must have computer and software experience.
• Previous newsroom experience preferred.
• Hearst Television is a proud supporter of military veterans. Related military training and experience will be considered.
• Can easily carry up to 50 pounds of equipment.
• Can work in all weather conditions.
• Ability to work varied shifts, including nights, overnights, weekends and holidays
• Can operate large vehicles, must have a valid driver's license and a near-perfect driving record.
• Exceptional ability to operate digital editing tools.
• Can organize and prioritize.
• Must be a self-starter.
• Ability to work under pressure and make quick decisions.
• Related experience and/or training considered as well as a combination of education and experience.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-dy4vx3-44-192-114-32-42 in your application.