WMUR-TV is looking for a full-time Political Investigative Reporter who can work collaboratively with our political and investigative teams along with other members of our newsroom. This person will produce in-depth stories primarily for our digital platforms but will also appear on television.
The successful candidate has a proven record of building sources and generating story ideas that hold public officials accountable, dig into societal concerns and uncover details on big stories. This reporter must have excellent research and writing skills, be able to work multiple stories at a time and work well with a team of people.
• Research, pitch and write stories.
• Work with producers, Executive Producers and photographers to produce well-executed stories.
• Work with news managers to ensure fair and ethical coverage.
• Work with digital team to produce content for all platforms.
• Develop a network of sources who provide tips, early access to information, and allow the reporter to break stories of significance and identify other stories.
• Five years of reporting experience.
• Demonstrated ability to enterprise and uncover stories.
• Demonstrated ability to develop sources.
• Demonstrated ability to obtain and report on public records, including, but not limited to court documents.
• Strong journalistic integrity and ethical standards.
• Your portfolio or reel should be indicative of your everyday work.
• Related military experience will be considered
• Strong writing and storytelling skills.
• Ability to operate mobile transmission devices and use latest technology.
• Can work in all weather conditions.
• A valid driver's license and a clear driving record.
• Ability to work varied shifts, including overnights, weekends and holidays.
• Can deal with the stresses and pressures of time-sensitive newscast production.
• Related experience and/or training considered as well as a combination of education and experience.
• Equivalent military training from Defense Information School (DINFOS) and associated experience will be considered.
As part of its continued efforts to maintain a safe workplace for employees, Hearst Television requires that all newly hired employees be fully vaccinated (as defined by the CDC) against the coronavirus by the first day of employment as a condition of employment, to the extent permitted by applicable law. HTV will consider requests for reasonable accommodations in accordance with applicable legal requirements.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gkp6wp-34-236-192-4-42 in your application.