WMUR-TV has an opening for an experienced and dynamic Newscast Director-TD. The Newscast Director-TD is responsible for communicating and executing all technical aspects of live production, with all technical staff, including the Producer, Studio Operators, and Engineering. A positive pro-active attitude, and schedule flexibility are necessary for this position. With a unique format, a dedication to hard news and the resources of Hearst Television, this is a rare opportunity to join one of the best.
• Directing/Technical Directing broadcast newscasts.
• Provide creative input and will work closely with the newscast producer and production crew.
• Be responsible for clean technical execution of the overall look of the newscast.
• Must be able to call and punch a newscast.
• Supervisory position.
• Must be able to operate audio, playback, cameras, and TelePrompTer for live news broadcasts.
• Hands-on experience with production switchers, video servers, audio and studio equipment.
• Equivalent military experience will be considered.
• Automation experience is preferred. We operate GrassValley Ignite.
• Experience with a Sony MVS 8000G Production Switcher is preferred.
• Experience with ENPS, VIZRT graphics and Bitcentral video playback will be helpful.
• Experience with Robotic cameras is preferred.
• Candidate should be a problem solver and quick thinker, using technical know-how to resolve existing issues and to work around problems that arise during live news.
• MOS and basic computer network understanding.
• Must be willing to work mornings, evenings, weekends, and fill in during holidays and vacations.
• Must be able to perform under pressure and meet deadlines
• Related experience and/or training considered as well as a combination of education and experience.
• Related military training from Defense Information School (DINFOS) and related experience will be considered.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gxvjoq-3-238-199-4-42 in your application.