WMUR-TV is looking for an Executive Producer who can oversee fast-paced newscasts and manage a staff. We are seeking a driven, organized leader who can communicate a vision for their shows and lead a team towards that vision. The successful candidate has the ability to develop multi-platform content for television and all digital platforms. Responsibilities include managing, coaching and motivating a team of producers, reporters, anchors, and videographers. The Executive Producer is responsible for the overall content of assigned newscasts and managing all aspects of breaking news and social engagement. The successful candidate must have excellent communication skills and the ability to make quick decisions under daily deadline pressure. You must have proven ability in making decisions based on strong ethics, a solid producing background, and a desire to win. You must be able to research, pitch, and gather enterprise news stories. The Executive Producer will work on recruiting producers and work closely with the News Director to implement winning strategies for each newscast. The ideal candidate can handle breaking news when it comes and, when it doesn't, can oversee a compelling product that delivers interesting and relevant content to our viewers. Overseeing the product is only one facet of the job. You must also be a coach and a leader with the communications skills to make those you supervise better. You must also have the ability to produce newscasts when needed.
• Oversight of the preparation of a rundown and scripts for the newscasts.
• Oversight of the use of all our graphics resources to enhance our presentation.
• Coaching producers, reporters, and videographers.
• Responding to breaking news.
• Oversight of digital response to breaking news and social media engagement.
• Writing compelling news stories in active voice.
• Meeting deadlines
• Producing and boothing newscasts when needed.
• Posting stories and video to all digital platforms.
• Leading editorial meetings and pitching enterprise stories in editorial meetings.
• Must perform administrative duties including scheduling, performance reviews, training and providing critical feedback.
• Communicate effectively with news staff, promotions, and production/engineering.
• Minimum of three years producing experience.
• Should have demonstrated experience in writing and be able to think visually.
• Have a strong sense of audience desires.
• Possess outstanding communication skills.
• Ability to multi-task and coordinate several crews and responsibilities simultaneously.
• Have the ability to summarize information into easy-to-understand elements.
• Creative presentation style, and ability to showcase all resources and elements.
• Unwavering journalistic integrity and ethical standards.
• Use of Adobe Premier editing system is a plus.
• College degree in broadcast journalism, broadcast news or related field.
• Military training and experience will be considered.
Hearst Television, a subsidiary of Hearst, owns and operates local television and radio stations serving 26 media markets across 39 states reaching over 21 million U.S. television households.