WMUR-TV in Manchester, NH has a full-time opening for a Breaking News/Traffic Anchor-Reporter for our morning newscast.
The ideal candidate has an excellent on-air presence and strong reporting skills. This person will report to our morning Executive Producer. He/she will search for breaking news throughout the morning, confirm it, write the breaking news stories and present them live from the studio. This person should be comfortable covering breaking news on the air and should be able to work independently to develop sources, research stories, and break stories.
We are looking for an excellent storyteller who will also engage with our viewers on social media. This person will also produce our morning traffic reports and present them live during our morning newscast.
• Work independently to identify breaking stories each morning to report live on air.
• Ability to report in the field or studio on breaking news
• Prepare morning traffic report graphics
• Gather information for traffic reports
• Provide clear and concise live traffic reports
• Research and report up-to-the-minute traffic conditions
• Produce traffic graphics and use live video
• Report on morning traffic information on digital platforms as well as on TV
• Maintaining a traffic live wire through the end of the shift.
• Report in the field after AM shows to cover daily stories
• Fill-in anchor as needed
• In-person attendance it required
• Looking for 1-2 years as a television news reporter. Anchor experience is a plus.
• Equivalent military experience will be considered.
• Knowledge and experience of the station's traffic system.
• Must be a self-starter and able to ad-lib in breaking news situations.
• Must speak clearly, have basic knowledge of how to use a computer, and basic knowledge of social media outlets.
• Must have strong reporting skills to include breaking news
• Bachelor's Degree in Broadcast Journalism or related field preferred.
• Hearst Television is a proud supporter of military veterans. Related military training and experience will be considered
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g65yq8-34-231-147-28-42 in your application.