WMTW-TV has an opening for a part-time production Studio Camera Operator who is a self-motivated, detail-oriented, organized multi-tasking team player with strong interpersonal skills that works well under pressure. The ideal candidate will have a working knowledge of broadcast production operations.
• Responsible for the operation of television cameras for a live broadcast.
• Interact with directors, producers, and talent & must remain focused at all times.
• Will also operate audio console at times, being responsible for all aspects of sound during fast-paced newscasts and other projects as needed.
• Operate television studio cameras in a live production setting.
• Operate studio lights and change bulbs.
• Operate Windows-based computer software to prepare video recordings for air.
• Punctual attendance for shifts that can start as early as 4 am.
• Work weekends and holidays as necessary, in support of our 24/7 broadcast operations.
• In-person attendance is required.
• Experience operating professional video cameras in live production.
• Experience using Windows-based computer software.
• Equivalent military experience will be considered.
• Knowledge of robotic camera operation and audio is highly desirable.
• The ability to rapidly respond properly to issues that unexpectedly arise on air is necessary.
• Knowledge of studio lighting.
• Ability to climb ladders up to 15 feet and the ability to lift 25 pounds.
• Can work flexible hours and shifts including holidays and weekends.
• Must be an effective communicator and team-worker, able to work cooperatively with others, sometimes in stressful situations.
• Ability to follow instructions quickly and accurately, with attention to detail.
• Ability to work from a standing position for a 2-3 hour period.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rebem7-18-206-92-240-42 in your application.