- Full Time
WMTW-TV and WPXT-TV has an exciting opportunity to join our Sales team in one of the most desirable cities in the country. We are looking for an Account Executive who can successfully counsel local business owners on how to build successful multi-platform marketing campaigns. This individual will also negotiate rates and ratings with local and regional ad agencies. Responsibilities include working with existing station clients – along with a strong emphasis on securing new clients to the station. The ideal candidate is coachable, thrives in a goal-oriented, team environment and has strong interpersonal/presentation skills. If you want to represent the best marketing products in the Portland market, and have the opportunity to control your own financial goals – we want to hear from you. We will provide the tools necessary for you to master the business – we seek the right person with sales ability, positive attitude, client focus, and determination to win.
• Generate revenue across all available platforms (TV and Digital) and exceed pre-determined sales goals
• Prospect, contact and present to new businesses to generate new advertising revenue
• Manage and maintain existing client schedules
• Manage inventory and protect station rate structure.
• Master the tools and systems provided to accomplish daily responsibilities
• Develop new revenue through local business development
• Form strategic business and market partnerships
• Manage an active account and client list
• Regularly meet with local and digital sales managers to ensure progression and success with stated goals.
• Act as negotiator for assigned accounts; ensure sales proposals are consistent with station strategies.
• Assist in collection of outstanding aging
• Create and deliver sales presentations to multiple points of contact with client/agency personnel.
• Must have a proven track record in web/mobile sales and in the cultivation and development of new business/ non-traditional business.
• Solid negotiation and presentation skills
• Experience in a consultative customer focused business atmosphere
• Military training and experience will be considered in lieu of TV/Radio sales experience
• Ability to multi-task within a fast-paced environment
• Accountability within a goal-structured organization
• Must demostrate a positive, results-oriented attitude and must be a team player
• Proven track record of successfully selling to business owners and CEO's (military experience will be considered)
• Must be able to use qualitative research effectively to further sales effort
• Strong formal and interpersonal communication skills.
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office products. Proficiency with Wide Orbit, Kantar and One Domain/WO Media Office a plus.
• Bachelor's Degree Preferred
Hearst Television, a subsidiary of Hearst, owns and operates local television and radio stations serving 26 media markets across 39 states reaching over 21 million U.S. television households.