At WMTV, we work hard and take pride in getting it right. Our team was recently honored with back-to-back ''News Operation of the Year'' awards in 2020 and 2019 by the Wisconsin Broadcasters Association. This is a high-profile position that requires initiative, leadership and impact. You will contribute daily to elevating our newscasts and will be an ambassador-championing our community initiatives. You'll work hard and find balance outside of work. Madison is consistently named one of the best places to live in America. We are conveniently just 1.5 hours from Milwaukee, 2.5 hours from Chicago and 5 hours from Minneapolis/St. Paul.
NBC15 is seeking a nightside Digital Anchor/Reporter. This person will help build up our livestreaming news coverage and also produce our M-F, 6 p.m. Newscast. The successful candidate will conceptualize and present hard-hitting content and Breaking News on a variety of digital platforms, including our website, app and OTT devices. We need a self-starter, tech savvy and creative journalist who is capable of juggling multiple stories and planning ahead.
• We prefer a college degree in journalism or related field, and at least one or more years of newsroom or digital producing experience.
• Must have a desire to win, a positive attitude, and the ability to reflect on your work and apply feedback.
• Strong research skills, ability to employ critical thinking skills to dig and go ''beyond the press release'' and/or confirm incoming news tips via email or social media.
• Must be able to work quickly and multi-task under deadline pressure and breaking news.
• Ability to flex schedule and work long hours, weekends, and overnights for breaking news and specialized coverage. The schedule for this position is generally 1:30-10:30 p.m., Monday through Friday.
If you feel you're qualified, want to work with a great group of people, please apply online at https://gray.tv/careers#currentopenings and click on ''apply now''
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g4wkb1-3-237-16-210-42 in your application.