WMC-TV, virtual and VHF digital channel 5, is an NBC-affiliated television station licensed to Memphis, Tennessee, United States. The station is owned by Gray Television. The station serves roughly the western third of Tennessee, northern Mississippi, eastern Arkansas and the southeastern corner of Missouri over the air, on satellite, and on various cable systems.
The Content Producer will work closely with News managers, producers, reporters, and anchors to create high-quality and informative news stories with integrity and facts. The CP will have the ability to gather content, desktop edit, write, and produce content for all of WMC TV's news platforms, including but not limited to mobile, social, web, on-air broadcast, and OTT.
Your responsibilities will include (but not be limited to) the following:
- Gather and write content for various media platforms, including but not limited to: Broadcast, online, apps, OTT, social media
- Work with a newsroom computer system (NRCS)
- Participate in daily editorial meetings
- Edit video for multiple platforms
- Responsible for coverage of assigned stories for all platforms throughout the day
- Work closely with all other departments to meet all daily demands
- Teleprompter operation
- Satellite/ENG/bonded cellular operation
- Ability to work shifts of at least 8 hours, and occasionally longer, 5 days per week
- Sitting or standing for long periods of time
- Ability to use a computer for tasks such as publishing content, communicating via email,
• Bachelor's Degree in Journalism, Film Mass Communication or related field preferred
• 1 years of experience in news writing, producing, desktop editing across multiple platforms and social media
• Demonstrated ability to prioritize complex tasks
• Ability to communicate effectively written and verbal
• Strong organizational skills
• Willing and able to work overnight shifts, weekends, long hours and varying shifts as assigned by news management
• Ability to meet strict production and broadcast deadlines
Interested applicants can, go to https://gray.tv/careers#currentopenings, click on ''apply now'', we also encourage you to upload your resume and cover letter
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d87p9x-3-236-68-118-42 in your application.