Director Of Sales - WMC
The first television station to broadcast in Tennessee, WMC, Action News 5 is the legacy NBC affiliate in Memphis. The station is owned by Gray Television. The station serves roughly the western third of Tennessee, northern Mississippi, eastern Arkansas and the southeastern corner of Missouri over the air, on satellite, and on various cable systems.
Memphis is a one-of-a-kind city, rich in history and music, truly authentic, and boasting a dynamic culinary scene. It sits on the mighty Mississippi River, and is home to the National Civil Rights Museum, Sun Studio, Stax Museum of American Soul, Graceland, The Memphis Grizzlies, Memphis Redbirds, 901 FC, University of Memphis, and the Memphis Zoo, (and that's just scratching the surface).
WMC-TV in Memphis, Tennessee seeks a Director of Sales to lead all aspects of its cross-platform sales efforts. The qualified candidate will have a strategic vision for the WMC sales department, marked by specific, measurable goals. We seek a person that can build upon a customer focused and performance driven culture, while delivering on key performance indicators. Must love sales, developing and empowering teams, and collaborating with peers to deliver above and beyond expectations.
Duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Ideate, communicate, and implement sales strategy to grow cross platform revenue for both local and national sales
• Ability to create accurate revenue forecasts
• Accurately price and manage inventory
• Create and maintain budgets across multiple platforms
• Drive new business development and non-traditional revenue initiatives, while also developing strategies to reduce and manage churn
• Proactively recruit, hire, and retain quality sales personnel
• Train, coach team of managers, sellers, and support
• Build and maintain positive relationships with key station partners
• Attend sales calls with members of team
• Minimum 5 years' prior experience in a broadcast, digital sales or marketing role.
• Minimum 3 years' prior experience managing a sales team with direct responsibility in strategic planning, revenue responsibilities
• Great people skills with a solid background in building and cultivating strategic relationships both internal and external
• Excellent organizational and time management skills
• College Degree preferred
• Must be willing to work in Memphis, TN
If you feel you're qualified and want to work with a great group of people go to https://gray.tv/careers#currentopenings, you may type in the job title, station call letters, or click on ''apply now'', upload your resume, cover letter and references
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r79q99-18-232-52-135-42 in your application.