Sports Anchor / Reporter - WMBF
WMBF-TV is the NBC Network affiliate for the Grand Strand and Pee Dee regions of Northeastern South Carolina and parts of southeastern North Carolina. This Gray Television owned station was launched in 2008 in Myrtle Beach, SC and was built as a state-of-the art High Definition broadcast facility.
We broadcast 39 hours of live local news and weather along with NBC programming to 8 counties along the Grand Strand beaches westward into Florence, SC. We also use digital media platforms to deliver breaking news coverage to a fast-growing audience.
Myrtle Beach is a family vacation destination for millions of visitors each year due to our white sandy beaches, more than a hundred golf courses, amusement parks and mild weather. It is a pleasure to work in a city where so many people want to visit.
WMBF News in Myrtle Beach, SC has an immediate opening for a Sports Reporter/Anchor to join our award-winning team. This person has a proven record of developing and covering local sports. We are committed to coverage of high school and college sports. We're looking for a creative, outgoing sports journalist who knows how to put together compelling, LOCAL sports stories and features.
Duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Enterprise, produce, and turn stories daily
- Serve as the primary sports talent
- Coordinate and plan coverage
- Shoot, write and edit sports stories and highlights with an emphasis on covering local sports
- Produce sports segments
- Be sports content driven, this is your beat. Own it
- Write and post sports stories on multiple social media and digital platforms
- Report live from various sporting events
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned
- Degree in journalism, broadcasting, communications or related field
- At least 1 year of professional newsroom experience preferred
- An engaging and comfortable on-air personality
- The ability and desire to enterprise and produce local sports stories and content
- Excellent communicator
- Team player with a positive attitude
- Anchoring, reporting, producing experience preferred
Qualified, interested applicants may go to https://gray.tv/careers#currentopenings, you may type in the job title, station call letters, or click on ''apply now'', upload your resume, cover letter and references
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rj904w-44-192-65-228-42 in your application.