WMBF News in beautiful Myrtle Beach, SC has an immediate opening for a Morning Executive Producer to join our award-winning newsroom. The Executive Producer is willing to set new expectations, inspire excellence, and hold the team accountable. You will be a member of the news management team, working with other department managers on major station initiatives. You will also ensure our newsroom is adopting corporate resources and best practices, and that we are a leader within the company and our industry. You are committed to this vision of success.
The successful candidate will be responsible for (but not limited to) the following:
• The ideal candidate will have experience producing compelling newscasts in a competitive market and will possess excellent writing skills, solid news judgment and creativity using graphics and video.
• Overseeing daily production of AM Newscasts and Cut-ins.
• You will train, manage and provide regular feedback to our producers and MMJs, specifically, as well as the newsroom staff at large. You will coach and be a motivator to inspire the entire Morning team to produce strong, engaging content.
• Ensure story selection and placement fits newsroom standards for vision and growth.
• Understand our DMA, key target audiences and where they live.
• Must be aggressive during breaking news and in covering severe weather
• You will act with urgency and be responsible for setting our coverage tone for the day.
• Help research, gather and check news stories for on-air and online in the most accurate, appealing, timely and creative way using all sources
• Develop and maintain sources of information and knowledge about assignments
• Participate in story selection process through meetings
• Perform other job-related duties as assigned
• Must be able to handle several tasks at once
• Must have flexibility to work any shift, including nights, weekends and holidays
• Must be willing to fill-in for producers as needed
• Help plan special reports, promotions and other specials
• Work closely with news director to write and achieve newsroom goals and policies
• Assist with recruitment and hiring
• A college degree in journalism or related field, and at least two or more years of newsroom producing experience. At least one year in leadership or management position preferred
• Must have a desire to win, the ability to reflect on your work and apply feedback
• Understanding of and adherence to AP Style
• Strong communication skills (written and verbal)
• Must be able to work quickly and multi-task under deadline pressure and breaking news
• Ability to work long hours, weekends, and overnights for breaking news and specialized coverage
• Experience with ENPS and non-linear editing software (EDIUS) is a plus
• Experience with managing staff during severe weather events is a plus
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gkk4b0-18-204-2-146-42 in your application.