MMJ - WMBF
MMJ (NEWS/SPORTS) - WMBF
WMBF-TV is the NBC Network affiliate for the Grand Strand and Pee Dee regions of Northeastern South Carolina and parts of southeastern North Carolina. This Gray Television owned station was launched in 2008 in Myrtle Beach, SC and was built as a state-of-the art High Definition broadcast facility.
We broadcast 39 hours of live local news and weather along with NBC programming to 8 counties along the Grand Strand beaches westward into Florence, SC. We also use digital media platforms to deliver breaking news coverage to a fast-growing audience.
Myrtle Beach is a family vacation destination for millions of visitors each year due to our white sandy beaches, more than a hundred golf courses, amusement parks and mild weather. It is a pleasure to work in a city where so many people want to visit.
WMBF News in Myrtle Beach, SC has an opening for a Multimedia Journalist (News & Sports) Reporter to join our award-winning newsroom. This person must have a passion to affect change and make a difference for our viewers. Our ideal candidate is an organized, independent, ethical journalist who can enterprise stories while thriving under deadline. Applicant should also have outstanding live reporting skills.
Duties/Responsibilities include, but not limited to:
• Enterprise and develop stories daily
• Develop great sources and contacts
• Dig into complex and important issues
• Develop new and additional creative content specifically for digital and other platforms
• Shoot, write, edit, and present compelling stories, either solo or in collaboration with a photographer
• Write in an exciting, captivating and authentic manner
• Deliver on-air news in an engaging, exciting, and accurate manner
• Interview news subjects and research for facts and credibility
• Must be a visual storyteller; perform creative stand-ups and explanatory, moving live shots
• Evenings, weekends, mornings and holidays will be required
• Be willing to learn or possess a broad and working knowledge of the viewing area, including people, places, things, and history
• Use creative production techniques such as graphics and new forms of media to enhance stories
• Perform other job-related duties as assigned
• College degree in journalism, communications or related field
• At least 1 year of experience preferred as MMJ
• Be able to write in a clear, concise, conversational manner
• Excellent live reporting skills and strong on-camera presentation skills
• Experience in photojournalism, editing, and content management systems
• Understanding of the tenets of professional journalism
• Strong social media skills
• Organizational skills, attention to detail, and the ability to work under constant time pressure deadlines is a must
• Ability to calmly handle live, breaking news situations and changing events
• MVR check required
Interested applicants may go to https://gray.tv/careers#currentopenings, you may type in the job title, station call letters, or click on ''apply now'', upload your resume, cover letter and references
WMBF-TV/Gray Television Group, Inc. is a drug-free company
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-ren3n8-44-213-63-130-42 in your application.