WMBB-TV has an opening for News Producer. We are the Nexstar-owned ABC affiliate for the Florida Panhandle, a great news market that provides opportunities to cover a huge variety of stories. We own breaking news and are not afraid to tackle the controversial topics. We are an aggressive news operation that has won more awards for our coverage than any other local media outlet over the last two years. It's a great place to call home. You will be living in a beautiful beach community where hundreds of thousands of people vacation each year. You will not be shoveling snow half the year. It's an even better place to work. We have a recently remodeled station and newsroom (October 2019) and a new studio set (July 2022).
Our news staff is a hardworking team that gets along well with each other. If this sounds like the place you want to begin your career and learn your craft, then you need to apply now. This job will not last long. Check out the job requirements and desired qualifications below. Hope to hear from you soon.
The News Producer produces daily newscast items, decides the order in which stories will be told, writes teases and other content, times news programs, edits video, and posts video to the website.
• Produces newscasts for broadcast across all platforms
• Writes and orders news stories
• Approves scripts
• Balances news and feature content to create compelling broadcasts
• Edits video
• Writes stories for the website and other eMedia platforms
• Interacts with viewers and users on social media sites
• Performs other duties as assigned
Requirements & Skills:
• Bachelor's degree in Journalism, or a related field, or an equivalent combination of education and work-related experience
• Fluency in English
• Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
• Minimum two years' experience in news operations (Depending on market size)
• Proficiency with computers, telephones, copiers, scanners, fax machines and other office equipment
• Ability to meet deadlines, prioritize assignments and handle multiple tasks simultaneously
• Flexibility to work any shift
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rnyz6k-18-206-92-240-42 in your application.