WLWT, the Hearst Television owned NBC affiliate in Cincinnati is looking for a dedicated reporter who has the ability to effectively generate and cover the most important stories of the day, write to video, and produce compelling and creative live shots. We are looking for a strong, take-charge reporter who hits the ground running every day. The successful candidate loves breaking news and is highly competitive. We value strong enterprise reporting and are looking for someone who finds the stories that lead newscasts. In addition to credibility, poise, and personality, our reporters are newsroom leaders who work well in a team environment. They write and edit scripts with conversational communication in mind. We are looking for a versatile, enterprising self-starter who is fast, efficient, works well under tight deadlines, can develop sources, and has excellent newsroom skills.
• Regularly plans, gathers and assembles stories on day-of news or special assignments
• Works with the team to gather and edit compelling video and captivating sound
• Coordinates with news managers and producers to develop stories that go beyond surface details, accentuate unique enterprise angles and contain exclusive content
• Develops a network of sources who provide tips, early access to information, and allow the reporter to break stories of significance.
• Collaborates with photojournalists to craft visually innovative stories that set their work apart from the rest of the market
• Will contribute pictures, video and text updates to mobile and digital platforms consistently throughout the day
• Can juggle multiple stories and projects at once, demonstrates exceptional time-management skills by meeting all deadlines under pressure
• Unwavering journalistic integrity and ethical standards
• In person work required
• Strong writing and storytelling skills
• Ability to operate mobile transmission devices and use latest technology
• Can work in all weather conditions and carry up to 50 pounds
• Able to work varied shifts
• Can deal with the stresses and pressures of time-sensitive newscast production
Bachelor's degree preferred or equivalent proven work experience
• Past reporting experience (2-5 years) preferred
• Hearst Television is a proud supporter of military veterans. Related military training and experience will be considered
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rb10ye-34-207-247-69-42 in your application.