WLWT-TV, the Hearst owned NBC affiliate in Cincinnati has an opening for a strong, take-charge producer who knows how to create memorable newscasts. The right candidate will have a track record of being creative, aggressive, and have the ability to make decisions and communicate the plan in a clear, concise manner. We expect excellent news judgment and a can-do attitude. Candidates must be dedicated to winning the big story, breaking news, and weather. Candidates must be fast and calm under pressure and be able to play well in a room full of pros.
• Selecting, researching, and writing content for live newscasts to make the newscast an ''experience'' for viewers
• Working with and guiding reporters in story production
• Communicating, coordinating, and executing creative vision with team of anchors, reporters, meteorologists, photographers, editors, and production staff
• Excellent writing, spelling, grammar, and copy-editing skills
• Ability to multi-task and coordinate several crews and responsibilities simultaneously
• An ability to summarize information into easy-to-understand components
• Must be focused on story content that follows WLWT's clearly defined news strategic plan
• Unwavering journalistic integrity and ethical standards
• Must be able to write and post stories to all digital platforms
• Creative presentation style, and ability to showcase all resources and elements
• Must be available to work holidays, shifts that could include nights, weekends, and overnights, and flexible with schedule to be available during breaking news
• In person work required
• College degree in broadcast journalism, broadcast news, or related field preferred. Equivalent work experience also considered.
• 2 years producing experience preferred
• Creative presentation style
• Experience in a newsroom, the ability to remain calm under pressure and knowledge of ENPS are pluses
• Military DINFOS experience will be considered
As part of its continued efforts to maintain a safe workplace for employees, Hearst Television requires that all newly hired employees be fully vaccinated (as defined by the CDC) against the coronavirus by the first day of employment as a condition of employment, to the extent permitted by applicable law. HTV will consider requests for reasonable accommodations due to medical and/or religious reasons on an individual basis in accordance with applicable legal requirements.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r7k146-3-237-16-210-42 in your application.