WLWT, the Hearst Television owned NBC affiliate in Cincinnati has an opening for a high-energy, skilled meteorologist for our four-hour weekend morning newscasts. We are looking for a severe weather expert, with excellent forecasting skills. Our viewers deal with all forms of severe weather; snow, ice, and inconvenient weather in a challenging market requiring a trained and dedicated meteorologist. The right candidate is a dedicated teammate, and an accurate forecaster who can tell a relatable weather story. We are searching for a meteorologist who understands the responsibility of keeping our viewers safe, conveying appropriate tone, summarizing complicated information, and staying cool under pressure.
• Prepare viewers with accurate, compelling, and understandable weather forecasts.
• Utilize all the technology and tools available, to tell an intriguing, personable weather story.
• Collaborate with the rest of the weather team to craft Cincinnati's Most Accurate Forecast.
• Provide urgent, immediate weather information before and during severe weather events.
• Able to contribute content simultaneously on TV, our digital platforms and for our radio partners.
• Reporting live in the field during weather events, as well as working with the team in-studio if warranted.
• Proficient at tracking severe storms on Live Doppler Radar.
• Follow our strategic weather plan to deliver the information viewers need and demand each day.
• In-person attendance is required.
• Previous on-air experience in broadcast television news required.
• In-depth knowledge of weather science and forecasting.
• Proven on-air experience in handling breaking news and severe weather coverage.
• Dynamic on-air presence with a conversational weather presentation.
• Knowledgeable about how to interpret and translate high powered radar data.
• Proficient in using weather system graphics and technology, experience with Baron a plus.
• Excellent forecasting and on-air skills.
• Strong organizational skills.
• Ability to use common television weather systems.
• Radar storm tracking.
• Strong ability to report live in the field, especially on weather and other community topics.
• Minimum Bachelor's Degree in Meteorology or related field
• CBM and/or AMS seal preferred
• Hearst Television is a proud supporter of military veterans. Related military training and experience will be considered
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gqmjzm-54-158-251-104-42 in your application.