WLWT-TV, the Hearst owned, NBC affiliate in Cincinnati, has an opening for a highly skilled, ambitious and hardworking Associate Producer to work in our newsroom. The qualified candidate will assist producers in all aspects of creating a newscast. Primary duties will include writing stories, creating graphics, researching information and logging video. Associate Producers will also assist in making phone calls to gather information about stories. In addition, the candidate will write for our social media sites. The ideal candidate will have strong organizational and writing skills. This is the perfect fit for someone looking to grow and learn as a journalist, specifically someone interested in a career as a news producer.
• Write copy for daily newscasts and log video.
• Assist producers and reporters with research.
• Communicate effectively with assignment editors, producers, reporters, photographers, editors, production staff and news managers.
• Post on all of WLWT's digital platforms and have a strong understanding of social media.
• Make phone calls for news gathering or newsroom logistics purposes.
• Strong writing skills.
• Strength in verbal communication, ability to remain calm in high-pressure situations.
• Strong knowledge of social media, digital platforms.
• Ability to work on deadlines.
• Ability to work in a collaborative team environment.
• Knowledge of ENPS is a plus.
• In person attendance is required.
• Bachelor's Degree preferred with an emphasis in communications or journalism
• Equivalent work experience or military training from Defense Information School (DINFOS)
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d8qe6m-34-231-247-88-42 in your application.