WLUK is looking for a Creative Storyteller who understands the importance of Impactful Journalism.
Our reporters work with a dedicated team of supportive professionals, who will help you grow your skills and expand your career.
Our reporters establish strong contacts in the community and they search for the stories that impact Northeast Wisconsin. You will have the support of a newsroom that is driven to lead the market with the most creative and informative news on all our broadcast and digital platforms. We have a team of talented photographers but we will also train you to use the latest cameras and editing equipment. We offer an extensive training and a supportive on-boarding program that will set you up for success.
No day will look the same as a Reporter, however, the main responsibilities of the role will include:
• Create, shoot, write and edit meaningful stories for station's newscast that can be used across multiple platforms
• Provide news on-air as directed from the news management team
• Engage with local community members
• Review material for fairness, accuracy, and balance
• Work closely with all members of the news team; Photographers, Producers, Editors, Anchors, News Directors and others
Additionally, this person should have a…
• A degree in Journalism, Communications or related field
• Previous experience in a newsroom such as an internship is a plus
• Previous experience with a college television or radio station - or writing for a student newspaper or digital platform
• A drive to ''be the first to know'' the ''latest information'' and a desire to ''share that information with our audience''
• Strong writing and copy-editing skills are a must
• Must be able to work well under pressure to meet strict deadlines
• A Positive Attitude and Creative Spirit
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace!
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-dy3m5q-44-201-68-86-42 in your application.