News Desk Assistant (Part-time)
WLUK - You're first step to a career in Digital and Broadcast Journalism. The Weekend Desk Assistant supports the WLUK FOX 11 News operation on weekends. This is the perfect opportunity for a current student seeking an opportunity in a professional news environment. You won't be alone. Our dedicated staff of colleagues and managers will support your work. Responsibilities include updating social and digital news content, supporting field crews and monitoring incoming communications to the newsroom. This is a the perfect ''resume builder'' opportunity or a part-time opportunity.
Skills and Experience:
• Write and post content to station website and social media sites
• Compelling and accurate writing
• Listen to scanners and react to breaking news, make beat checks, monitor web sites
• Support Field Crews and assist in the efficient operations of the assignment desk
Requirements and Qualifications:
• Ability to communicate effectively
• Basic computer knowledge/word processing skills
• General knowledge and interest in local, national and world news
• Ability to work well under pressure and meet deadlines
• Proficiency with Facebook, Twitter and emerging social media platforms
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace!
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d5n92z-44-197-111-121-42 in your application.