WLUK is looking for a take-charge General Assignment Reporter. We are seeking a motivated, energetic, creative, and aggressive reporter who can think and perform outside the box. The ideal candidate should be able to develop story ideas and gather information for broadcast newscasts and multiple digital sites, have sound writing skills, a great work ethic, and a can-do attitude. The best person for this job will be able to deliver confident live shots and respond quickly to breaking stories.
No day will look the same as a Reporter, however, the main responsibilities of the role will include:
• Create, write and edit meaningful stories for station's newscast that can be used across multiple platforms
• Some video photography will be required from time to time
• Provide news on-air as directed from the news management team
• Engage with local community members and create sources
• Reviewing material for fairness, accuracy, and balance
• Work closely with all members of the news team, which would include Producers, Editors, Anchors, News Directors etc..
Additionally, this person should have a…
• Proven knowledge and experience working with current media creation tools and contemporary newsroom systems
• Excel in storytelling across multiple platforms
• Strong writing and copy-editing skills are a must
• Previous experience as a Reporter (on campus or as an internship) is preferred
• Must be able to work well under pressure to meet strict deadlines
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace!
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d2pe2m-3-238-250-73-42 in your application.