WLUK, Green Bay, has an immediate opening for an Executive Producer (Evenings). The ideal candidate believes in sharing creative content, and will oversee production of newscasts and special programming. You will work closely with producers and reporters on daily story selection and coverage. As a newsroom leader, the expectation is that the Executive Producer will lead by example and be able to produce newscasts if needed. The Executive Producer will also lead by coaching new journalists by expanding their skill-sets and creativity.
Some additional responsibilities of our Executive Producer will include
• Oversee daily newscasts to ensure we are serving our local communities by sharing relevant information
• Supervise producers and reporters, as well as, review scripts and provide feedback to encourage balanced and creative storytelling
• Manage news room and handle breaking news situations
• Collaborate with News Directors and other station managers to create special content
• Planning and overseeing continuity into upcoming newscasts
What skills do you need to be successful in our role?
• Proven track record of creating compelling and engaging stories across multiple platforms
• Ability to preform well under pressure, experience managing breaking news and meeting strict deadlines
• Ability to identity problems and provide solutions
• A strong commitment to journalistic standards and ethics
• Extraordinary people skills with an emphasis on coaching and motivating
• Strong understanding of how to drive digital traffic
• Minimum of 2 years producing in a television news environment or equivalent
• A college degree in Journalism or a related field
• Strong writing skills and a proven track record for getting results on initiatives
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace!
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-roz2n2-34-239-173-144-42 in your application.