Full Time Job
Bureau Multimedia Journalist
- Full Time
Job DescriptionAbout WLUC:
WLUC has been a fixture in Upper Michigan for 60 years. The #1 rated WLUC is a market leader and an NBC affiliate. The younger FOX UP News is #2 in this competitive four station market. The U.P. is a recreational paradise. Winter, summer, spring or fall, if you enjoy the outdoors, this is the place for you. Ten minutes from anywhere, you'll find a trail, river, lake or event to capture your desire. The small town setting is peaceful and safe, but still has the big city entertainment and dining experiences. But it's the people of Upper Michigan that make this area stand out. They're friendly, helpful, honest and fun. Start your career with us! Here's a video link showing the area and station and why the U.P. is Someplace Special.
Take a look at what we offer WLUC - https://youtu.be/iWFP36KOCNo
As an MMJ you'll do it all. You'll enterprise stories reporting from the field and shooting your own video. You'll then handle writing the story, editing it and producing the story for on-air. You'll also be handling LIVE shots from the scene. Social media is a big part of our news coverage. Posting stories and communicating with viewers through the WLUC Website, Facebook, Twitter and Instagram is a must.
Your responsibilities will include (but not be limited to) the following:
- Writing for on-air and on-line
- Conversational story delivery
- Knowledge of videography
- Knowledge of video editing
- Must meet deadlines and be able to multi-task
- Great attitude and enjoy working with others
- Strong work ethic
- Enjoy talking with people
- Social Media involvement and knowledge
- Professional appearance
- Must have a valid driver's license
- Pass a pre-employment drug screening.
- A command of the English language, spelling and grammar are required.
- Personal appearances in the community and station functions is an important part of the job
- A strong grasp of the English language, spelling and grammar is a MUST!
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g6z6j0-3-235-223-5-42 in your application.
Gray Television supports local community interests by providing quality television broadcasting and exceptional service in each market we serve. Gray owns and/or operates television stations and leading digital properties in 93 television markets including the first or second highest rated television station in 85 markets. We are an unmatched broadcast pioneer that keeps getting bigger and better.