- Full Time
- Entry (0-2 years) Experience
Job DescriptionAbout WLOX:
WLOX-TV is the number one station on the Mississippi Gulf Coast. We produce award-winning news on both WLOX ABC and WLOX CBS. We also have a dominant digital presence, using WLOX.com, the WLOX News app, the WLOX Weather app, Gulf Coast Weekend and social media platforms to connect to a worldwide audience.
WLOX - Biloxi, MS
Link - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sa8VB4Jt0bY&feature=youtu.be
WLOX News is ready to hire an innovative reporter, someone who can develop robust content for the number one station on the Mississippi Gulf Coast. We produce award-winning news on WLOX ABC, WLOX CBS and WLOX.com. If you're hungry to find and report on the biggest stories in South Mississippi, then you belong in the WLOX News Now newsroom.
Your responsibilities will include (but not be limited to) the following:
* Develop story ideas
* Build an array of sources
* Cover breaking news on our OTT digital desk
* Know how the stories in a newscast impact viewers and the community
* Adjust on the fly when breaking news changes our coverage plans
* Write content for WLOX.com and station's social media platforms
* Be a leader in the newsroom
* Be able to work long hours covering breaking news online, including holidays and weekends
This position requires applicable college degree and at least one year experience at a broadcast station. Also requires a clean driving record, proof of insurability and a valid driver's license.
* College degree preferred
* Valid drivers license required
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gm5y0m-35-170-64-36-42 in your application.
Gray Television supports local community interests by providing quality television broadcasting and exceptional service in each market we serve. Gray owns and/or operates television stations and leading digital properties in 93 television markets including the first or second highest rated television station in 85 markets. We are an unmatched broadcast pioneer that keeps getting bigger and better.