WLOS/WMYA is seeking an experienced, inspiring, hands-on News Director with strong leadership skills and a bold style to lead a dynamic content center in beautiful Asheville, NC. Our mission is to produce impactful stories with a focus on accountability reporting across platforms. The ideal candidate values creative storytelling and providing distinctive content. You must have a passion for innovation and embrace multiple platform storytelling. We need someone who can grow our audience and deliver 24/7 content with storytelling optimized for each screen.
• Managing the station's news operations, setting budgets, establishing goals and directing the staff that produces almost 40 hours of local news weekly and content on our website and social media
• Initiating and managing growing content delivery both on linear and digital platforms
• Teaching, coaching and mentoring the newsroom for best practices
• Fostering an inspiring and inclusive culture
• Working closely with local and corporate management to establish News content, philosophy and direction
• Reviewing daily newscasts and digital content to ensure quality control, brand compliance, and subsequently provide feedback to all news staff
• Recruiting, hiring and negotiating contracts for news department personnel
• Collaborating with other managers to develop marketing plans, establish ratings goals, and effectively reach goals
• Producing engaging, content-driven newscasts and digital content
• Planning and executing strategic coverage and operations
Requirements and Qualifications:
• Must have a working knowledge of journalistic ethics, libel, and privacy laws
• Will bring strong fiscal experience for both operational and capital expenditures
• Must have a demonstrated ability to manage multiple hours of daily newscasts on two stations and must have a proven track record of success in building a winning news organization
• Journalism degree and a minimum of five years experience in news management with noted leadership
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace!
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r0qnm6-44-200-117-166-42 in your application.