WLOS/MY40 is seeking an AM Associate Producer. The candidate must have strong writing and news judgment skills and have experience editing compelling video and sound. Working well in a fast-paced environment is essential. This position requires education in journalism or mass communications. Non-linear video editing is a plus, as is control room experience.
• Writing copy for newscasts
• Editing video for newscasts
• Posting stories online and to social media
• Operating teleprompter during newscasts
• Assisting Producers with finding stories
• Assisting with other editorial duties as assigned
Required Skills and Experience:
• The ability to work well in a fast-paced environment
• The ability to write quality broadcast news copy under tight deadlines
• You must have strong writing and news judgment skills
• Experience with Avid editing software a plus
• A 4-year degree in Journalism or Mass Communications
• Available to work all shifts including weekdays, evenings, overnight, weekends, and some holidays
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace!
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gxyp6o-18-232-52-135-42 in your application.