Nexstar Media- the home of WLNS-TV 6 has an immediate opening in Lansing, MI for a Traffic Copy Coordinator/Log Editor.
The Copy Coordinator for WLNS has the responsibility for scheduling commercial copy rotations from agency directions inputting the information into the broadcast computer system for multiple schedules. The right person for the job will be proactive, precise, detail oriented, accustomed to deadlines, and able to multitask. The Coordinator must work well with a diverse group of people, who you will depend on to accomplish your tasks.
The Log Editor will help to manage inventory, create a program log that maximizes station revenue while working closely with the traffic hub. Other job duties include front desk phone coverage, learning cross department roles and being backup to other traffic department employees as needed.
• Receive, interpret and input highly detailed commercial copy based on agency instructions, flight dates, rotations and multiple revisions within deadlines
• Work with sales and sales assistants (both internally and on the agency side) regarding commercials and copy rotations
• Maintain good working relationships with a variety of internal and external contacts to provide excellent customer service
• Maintain commercial copy instructions/files
• Manage and work with digital systems to receive commercial materials
• Maintain the commercial library and its inventory
• Handle and prioritize multiple tasks simultaneously and independently
• Cross train and serve as back up to team members as needed
• Adhere to Company policy and applicable federal, state and local legislation to appropriately schedule commercial copy rotation
• Maintain accurate data entry and record keeping and invoicing
• Perform other duties as assigned
• High School diploma or equivalent related experience required, Bachelor's degree preferred, or an equivalent combination of education and work-related experience
• Ability to work in a deadline driven, highly detailed environment
• Ability to work creatively and collaboratively with other staff members
• Proficiency with Microsoft Suite and programs such as Wide Orbit or Wide Orbit Network, along with an ability to learn additional software is a plus.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d9k307-3-214-184-223-42 in your application.