WLKY has an opening for a self-motivated, team-oriented photographer/editor who understands the pressures and purpose of local television news. We are seeking an experienced storyteller who can collaborate and lead when collecting visual elements for compelling storytelling. This position is responsible for gathering visual content, working either individually to edit, or as a team to collaborate on newscast stories. We are looking for an experienced news photographer who understands the urgency of breaking news, the importance of deadlines, and the critical elements of collaboration and communication when working with reporters. You must be able to shoot on a full-size Sony ENG camera and have experience with non-linear editing. Adobe Premiere experience preferred. You must understand how to use ENG, SNG, and wireless data to feed completed work to the station. Excellent editing skills, exceptional time-management abilities, effective communication style, organization and attention to gear/equipment maintenance are critical. An excellent eye for video and the highest journalistic standards are a must.
• Shooting and editing of VOs, VO-SOTs and packages for Broadcast Air and digital platforms
• Working with the Assignment Desk and Reporters to cover daily stories
• Working with reporters and producers to ensure the best content and facts are gathered.
• Communicating and coordinating incoming video elements from crews in the field.
• Can work with catalog/archive systems to record and locate necessary video.
• Attention to detail regarding file management and technical workflow
• Must be flexible with schedule, on-call and breaking news
• Ability to work under pressure, making quick decisions.
• Must be able to maintain and take care of all equipment and gear properly.
• Operates ENG trucks and live ENG backpack/TVU equipment
• Must be a self-starter - someone who doesn't wait to be told what to do
• Ability to work under pressure, making quick decisions
• In-person attendance is required
• Must have local television news photographer experience.
• 3-5 years in a working newsroom preferred
• Can easily carry up to 50 pounds of equipment
• Efficient Operation on ENG trucks
• Can work in all weather conditions
• Can operate large vehicles, must have a valid driver's license and a near-perfect driving record
• Exceptional ability to operate digital editing tools
• College degree in broadcast journalism, broadcast news, or related field preferred
• Equivalent military training from Defense Information School (DINFOS) and associated experience will be considered.
• Hearst Television is a proud supporter of military veterans. Related military training and experience will be considered.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rnxy2o-54-227-97-219-42 in your application.