WLKY has an opening for an experienced, take-charge producer who knows how to create memorable newscasts. The right candidate will have a track record of being creative and aggressive with breaking news. This person must work well under deadlines and have the ability to make decisions and communicate the plan in a clear manner. We are looking for an experienced producer to lead our morning newscast production. We expect excellent news judgment, flexibility, and a positive, can-do attitude. Candidates must have a proven track record of excellent writing, story selection, and aggressive breaking news coverage. You m
ust be an excellent writer who takes pride in clean scripts with compelling and concise storytelling. You must be able to thrive in a fast-paced, changing news environment. Candidates must work fast under deadlines and remain calm under pressure. We are looking for a producer who understands the need for team building and great communication/relationships with on-air staff.
• Selecting, researching, and writing content for live newscasts to make the newscast an ''experience'' for viewers
• Working with and guiding reporters in story production
• Communicating, coordinating, and executing creative vision with a team of anchors, reporters, meteorologists, photographers, editors, and production staff
• In-person attendance is required
• 3-5 years producing experience
• Creative presentation style
• Must have professional experience producing a television newscast
• Experience with ENPS is a plus
• Hearst Television is a proud supporter of military veterans. Related military training and experience will be considered.
• Excellent writing, spelling, grammar and copy-editing skills
• Ability to multi-task and coordinate several crews and responsibilities simultaneously.
• Ability to summarize information into easy-to-understand components
• Creative presentation style, and ability to showcase elements/stories in newscast
• Unwavering journalistic integrity and ethical standards
• Must be available to work holidays, shifts that include nights, weekends and overnights, and flexible with schedule to be available during breaking news
• College degree in broadcast journalism, broadcast news, or related field preferred
• Military training from Defense Information School (DINFOS) with associated producing experience will be considered
As part of its continued efforts to maintain a safe workplace for employees, Hearst Television requires that all newly hired employees be fully vaccinated (as defined by the CDC) against the coronavirus by the first day of employment as a condition of employment, to the extent permitted by applicable law. HTV will consider requests for reasonable accommodations due to medical and/or religious reasons on an individual basis in accordance with applicable legal requirements.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r0nwv8-3-230-144-31-42 in your application.