- Full Time
- Entry (0-2 years) Experience
WLFL/WRDC has an excellent opportunity for an Entry-Level Marketing Consultant/Sales Person who loves to find and hunt for new business, connect with clients and help them achieve their business objectives through effective TV and digital advertising. The ideal candidate will possess excellent prospecting skills, communication skills, an enthusiastic and passionate personality, have a tenacious yet empathetic attitude, and a drive to succeed! We are currently looking for entry-level candidates interested in a career in media sales. Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
• Prospect and develop new business
• Create advertising strategies incorporating TV, mobile, online, and digital billboard mediums
• Create short and long-term client campaign plans
• Develop advertising concepts and ideas
• Prepare, negotiate, and implement client media buys.
• Keep current on all of the company's digital advertising products.
• Understand demographic data as it relates to media buys
• General administrative tasks as needed
• Responsible for generating revenue for the station and meeting monthly goals through effective solicitations, promotions, and services, including telephone, in-person, and email communication
• Key to this role is developing new business through selling broadcast commercial advertising time, station initiatives, digital, and ott solutions by contacting advertising agencies and local advertisers.
• Professionally formatted and written documents, including emails, are a must.
• Contribute to client proposals and other client documentation
• Maintain and build positive customer relationships
• Document all client contact and file all advertisement documentation
• Handle confidential information with discretion
• Initiate, follow-up, and conclude assignments accurately and independently
• Assist in the collection of past due accounts
• Strong desire to be in outside sales
• Strong organizational, written, and presentation skills.
• Proficient in MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
• Ability to overcome objections and retain a positive attitude
• Working knowledge of new media, digital initiatives, and social media required
• Enjoys a fast-paced environment with a desire to win
• Professional appearance is a must.
• Must have a valid driver's license, good driving record, and your own vehicle
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug-Free Workplace!