WLBT-TV, is the #1 rated local TV broadcast and digital media in Central Mississippi. We are a dominate NBC affiliate that consistently produces award winning local news coverage. Jackson, MS is market #92 with a 24 county DMA. Jackson, MS is Mississippi's largest TV DMA, serving as the state capital, with several local universities, and home to the largest medical facilities in the state, including the prestigious University of Mississippi Medical School. Jackson is located within a short drive from beautiful Gulf Coast beaches, New Orleans, Memphis, Birmingham, Nashville, Dallas and Atlanta. If you love SEC sports, we have four schools (Ole Miss, Mississippi State, Alabama and LSU) less than three hours away. And Saints, Pelicans and Grizzlies fans are an easy three hour drive from NOLA and Memphis. The Jackson metro is the economic hub of Mississippi and a great place to work, live, and raise a family.
Learn more about WLBT - Jackson, MS
Link - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G0lccLR6Nic&feature=youtu.be
We're seeking a multi-screen-minded wizard with a diverse skill set and a comfort working in a fast-paced newsroom environment. A strong candidate is one who's mindful of live and on-demand video opportunities for all platforms, especially our increasingly important OTT product on ROKU, Amazon Fire and soon-to-launch Apple TV.
The primary job duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
* Produce television Newscast daily
* Develop story ideas and showcasing storytelling
* Using words and visuals to create teases that engage and the viewer
* Understand the market and create newscasts that are impactful and relevant
* Collaborate with other news team members to manage and develop stories from concept to publication
* Occasionally build out graphics and social memes using Photoshop
* Write stories for WLBT.com and other digital properties
* Four-year college degree
* Preferred candidates have prior content producing experience
* Strong, accurate writer
* Solid news judgment
* Experience with CMS/digital publishing platforms (ARC would be a plus)
* Experience with broadcast newsroom software such as ENPS
* Experience with video editing software (Edius would be a plus)
* Flexibility to work various shifts and serve on call as assigned
* Clean driving record
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rnknn3-3-236-170-171-42 in your application.