WLBT-TV, is the #1 rated local TV broadcast and digital media in Central Mississippi. We are a dominate NBC affiliate that consistently produces award winning local news coverage. Jackson, MS is market #92 with a 24 county DMA. Jackson, MS is Mississippi's largest TV DMA, serving as the state capital, with several local universities, and home to the largest medical facilities in the state, including the prestigious University of Mississippi Medical School. Jackson is located within a short drive from beautiful Gulf Coast beaches, New Orleans, Memphis, Birmingham, Nashville, Dallas and Atlanta. If you love SEC sports, we have four schools (Ole Miss, Mississippi State, Alabama and LSU) less than three hours away. And Saints, Pelicans and Grizzlies fans are an easy three hour drive from NOLA and Memphis. The Jackson metro is the economic hub of Mississippi and a great place to work, live, and raise a family.
WLBT-TV is searching for a Morning Anchor/MMJ to be part of our #1 news team in Jackson, MS. This candidate will anchor and report for our 4 1/2 hours of news Monday-Friday. WLBT is the #1 newsroom across all newscasts, website and social media engagement. We are proven community leaders with an emphasis on investigative storytelling.
The successful candidate will be responsible for (but not limited to) the following:
- Candidate must be a leader in the newsroom and excel at breaking news coverage from the studio and in the field.
- Candidate must also be aggressive and consistent with coverage online and with social media on all platforms.
- The candidate must have a DIGITAL FIRST mentality.
- Candidate must have at least 2-3 years of main anchoring experience.
- Producing experience is welcomed. Exceptional planning, developing story ideas and creative storytelling are a must. You will work with a wonderful team of producers, so you must be engaged and work with the team.
- Candidates must be a self-starter, demonstrate urgency to their delivery as well as possess very strong writing skills.
- Bachelor's degree in journalism, communications or related field
- 2+ years experience writing, producing, shooting and editing video content for newscasts
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Proficient with video, camera equipment, Edius Editing, ENPS, Social Media
- Self motivated and highly organized
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g6z6xn-35-171-146-141-42 in your application.