WLBT is Mississippi's flagship station and the dominant #1 local TV and digital media in Central Mississippi. We are an NBC affiliate that consistently produces award winning local news coverage. Jackson, MS is market #92 with a 24 county DMA. It is Mississippi's largest TV market and state capital, offering great museums, several local universities, and home to the largest medical facilities in the state, including the prestigious University of Mississippi Medical Center. With our great weather, Mississippi is about the outdoors. An extensive network of walking, running and cycling trails is available across the metro. And if you love a weekend getaway, Jackson is located within a short drive from beautiful Gulf Coast beaches, New Orleans, Memphis, Birmingham, Nashville, Dallas and Atlanta.
If you're a sports fan, we have you covered. The Mississippi Braves, the AA team of the Atlanta Braves, calls metro Jackson home. We host the PGA with the Sanderson Farms Championship. We have two SWAC schools in our DMA, Jackson State and Alcorn State. If you love SEC sports, we have four schools (Ole Miss, Mississippi State, Alabama and LSU) less than three hours away. And Saints, Pelicans and Grizzlies fans have an easy drive to NOLA and Memphis.
The Jackson metro is the economic hub of Mississippi and a great place to work, live, and raise a family.
Learn more about WLBT - Jackson, MS
This position requires someone with a high level of tenacity and closing ability in order to achieve sales budgets and create positive results for our clients across both broadcast and digital platforms. A great Local Account Executive must possess extensive product and market knowledge such that they assist their clients in defining marketing/business objectives and then recommending high impact solutions that achieve those goals. WLBT believes in a client focused approach and prides itself on addressing clients' needs, crafting custom solutions, and consistently delivering results that generate more revenue for our clients.
The primary job duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Conduct thorough client needs analyses, present proposed strategic solutions and tactics and provide follow-up assessments to measure the effectives of campaigns
• Utilize expanded B2B marketing resources to build compelling and creative solutions in a competitive landscape
• Develop new business and maintain current business within the assigned territory
• Sell across all product platforms, broadcast, digital, and OTT
• Bachelor's degree from a four-year college or university or equivalent is preferred
• Prior experience in broadcast sales or outside sales is preferred
• Wide Orbit, Wide Orbit Media Sales, Matrix, Comscore, Powerpoint, Excel or similar traffic, sales and CRM experience
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gp1oo0-35-170-64-36-42 in your application.