ASSOCIATE PRODUCER (P/T) - WLBT
WLBT-TV, is the #1 rated local TV broadcast and digital media in Central Mississippi. We are a dominate NBC affiliate that consistently produces award winning local news coverage. Jackson, MS is market #92 with a 24 county DMA. Jackson, MS is Mississippi's largest TV DMA, serving as the state capital, with several local universities, and home to the largest medical facilities in the state, including the prestigious University of Mississippi Medical School. Jackson is located within a short drive from beautiful Gulf Coast beaches, New Orleans, Memphis, Birmingham, Nashville, Dallas and Atlanta. If you love SEC sports, we have four schools (Ole Miss, Mississippi State, Alabama and LSU) less than three hours away. And Saints, Pelicans and Grizzlies fans are an easy three hour drive from NOLA and Memphis. The Jackson metro is the economic hub of Mississippi and a great place to work, live, and raise a family.
WLBT - Jackson, MS - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G0lccLR6Nic&feature=youtu.be
WLBT-TV is looking for a part-time team player who is ready to join our award-winning, aggressive news operation and work in an active news market. This candidate will help produce a television newscast. This is a rare opportunity to get your foot in the door, while learning from the best journalists in the market. Candidate must come with a great attitude and bring professionalism, personality, energy, confidence, and team spirit to our newscasts and our multi-platform newsroom.
Successful candidate must be a strong writer and driven to be a full-time producer in the future.
• Assist newscast and digital content producers in daily news coverage.
• Editing video for newscasts and writing for our TV newscasts and our digital platforms.
• Excellent writing skills are preferred.
• Must be aware of news of the day and various sources for news gathering.
• Producers are communicators at heart and must be comfortable over-communicating plans and changes with managers, anchors, reporters, and production team to ensure a zero-mistake expectation.
• The ideal candidate will have or be working towards or have a degree in Journalism or related field
• A previous internship in journalism is a plus
• We need someone who can identify great video and compelling sound-bytes
• Have solid news judgement, excellent communication skills and the ability to write clearly and concisely
• Ability to meet deadlines, multi-task in a fast-paced environment
• This is a part-time position. This is not a 9 to 5 job. You must be able to work nights, overnights and/or weekends
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-roovy2-34-236-187-155-42 in your application.