WKYC-TV in Cleveland, OH is seeking a highly skilled part-time Photojournalist/Editor who is passionate, thrives on great storytelling, and is forward-thinking, innovative, and has excellent time management skills.
• Capture video and audio elements that produce compelling and engaging news, sports, and feature stories in a daily, deadline-driven environment
• Edit stories with Edius editing platforms
• Flexible and willing to work weekends and holidays
• Provide editorial input and collaboration for stories and daily newscasts.
• Operate live remote equipment - microwave and TVU
• Distribute content on multiple digital platforms, including wkyc.com, Facebook, Twitter, etc.
• Fill-in as show editor when needed
• Become familiar with Sony XDCAM cameras
• Open to expanded duties, such as writing and voicing stories
• College degree with a minimum of one year experience as a TV photojournalist and news editor preferred
• Complete newsgathering skills required – videography, editing and writing
• Must tell news stories creatively with strong audio and visual skills
• Must be able to make quick decisions while working under pressured deadlines, willing to work overtime, take on-call shifts and work flexible shifts
• Must have a valid driver's license and be able to lift heavy objects
• COVID vaccination required
Work Environment: Outdoors
Physical Demands: Medium work
Travel: Frequent: More than 25
Work Environment Set: Outdoors: performed in various outdoor environmental conditions
Physical Demands Set: Medium work: Involves standing prolong hours, stooping, bending, lifting/pushing up to 25 lbs.
TEGNA Inc. (NYSE: TGNA) is an innovative media company that serves the greater good of our communities. Across platforms, TEGNA tells empowering stories, conducts impactful investigations and delivers innovative marketing solutions. With 63 television stations in 51 US markets, TEGNA is the largest owner of top 4 network affiliates in the top 25 markets among independent station groups, reaching approximately 39 percent of all television households nationwide. TEGNA also owns leading multicast networks True Crime Network and Quest. TEGNA Marketing Solutions (TMS) offers innovative solutions to help businesses reach consumers across television, digital and over-the-top (OTT) platforms, including Premion, TEGNA's OTT advertising service. For more information, visit
URL blocked - click to apply
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gpwmx9-3-235-195-196-42 in your application.