WKRN in Nashville, Tennessee has an immediate opening for a full-time Weather/Traffic Anchor. The successful candidate will work closely with our news team, providing traffic reports in weekday morning newscasts, doing fill-in forecasting and taking part in severe weather coverage. Proficiency in weather analysis and forecasting is expected. Candidates can also expect to assist in coordinating weather content and presentation on multiple platforms and to respond to breaking weather news as required.
• Focuses on the latest accidents and traffic delays and provides timely and useful information to commuters
• Manages information flow, keeps all the facts straight, makes sure details are accurate and current and tracks any changes
• Maintains crucial deadlines in order to provide traffic updates and forecast information in a timely fashion
• Flexibility in work schedules
• Bachelor's degree in Meteorology or Atmospheric Science preferred
• Minimum of two years of forecasting experience
• Experience with TV weather graphics/animations and weather graphics systems
• Adept at working in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment
• Excellent writing and editing skills; proficient in grammar
• Strong attention to detail, following up until issues are resolved
• Ability to plan and organize, set priorities and multitask in a fast-paced environment
• Must be proficient in digital/social media
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d9ooq4-3-238-90-95-42 in your application.