NEWS 2 (WKRN-TV wkrn.com) in Nashville, Tennessee is looking for a self-motivated digital breaking news anchor and content producer to join the top-ranked digital news platform in Middle Tennessee. The ideal candidate must have exceptional news judgment and robust experience producing digital content in a high-pressure news environment, and strong on-camera presence. They must be able to closely collaborate with a team while being able to work independently. This is a digital-first position that includes live television appearances.
Principal Duties & Responsibilities:
• Produce digital content for WKRN's digital platforms, including but not limited to websites, apps and social media
• Excel in breaking news situations, accurately reporting and updating information as it happens online
• Strong and engaging on-camera presence
• Work closely with assignment editors, broadcast producers and newsroom managers to coordinate three-screen synergy (TV, digital, mobile) around news coverage
• Strong working knowledge and experience with an online CMS (Knowledge of WordPress is a plus)
• Clever headline/social post writer that gets readers to click
• Ability to moderate tone voice to fit platform and brand needs
• Strong multi-tasking abilities
• Organized, technical problem solver and quick decision-maker
• Knowledge of AP style
• Understanding of effective writing styles for internal and external audiences
• Some schedule flexibility (nights, weekends)
• Regularly meets measurements of success
• Basic Photoshop and editing skills
• Basic HTML knowledge
Work Environment/Mental/Physical Requirements:
Bachelor's degree in Communication/Journalism or related degree preferred. Three (3) years minimum experience as a digital news producer or digital journalist preferred. Experience in writing, producing and editing content on a desktop editing system. Experience in public safety and crime reporting preferred.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rb8jxo-18-207-157-152-42 in your application.