WKRN News 2 in Nashville is seeking a driven leader to oversee content and showcasing of dayside newscasts and to have a direct hand in special coverage events. This is an excellent opportunity to take your career to the next level in one of the country's most exciting markets.
The Dayside EP will help create strategic initiatives, collaborate with a team of producers to execute goals, and work with other newsroom managers to carry coverage across dayparts. Other duties include:
• Manage newsroom, contribute to the editorial process and make solid decisions in breaking news situations
• Strong ability to collaborate and build graphics and animated elements for topical and franchise showcasing
• Execute strategies that engage and grow audiences
• Responsible for successful execution of special programming
Requirements & Skills:
• Bachelor's Degree in Journalism or the equivalent
• At least 5 years' experience in television or radio broadcast/production
• Strong people skills - must be able to interact well with producers, reporters, anchors, production and engineering staff
• Detail oriented
• Excellent verbal, written, and analytical skills
• Strong news judgment, journalistic integrity and understanding of viewer needs and expectations
• Utilize state-of-the-art television technology
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rvvxe7-3-231-217-107-42 in your application.