WKRG News 5, a dominant Nexstar CBS affiliate in Mobile/Pensacola, seeks a News Producer to join our news team.
The News Producer produces daily newscast items, decides the order in which stories will be told, writes teases and other content, times news programs, edits video, and posts video to the website.
• Produces newscasts for broadcast across all platforms
• Writes and orders news stories
• Approves scripts
• Balances news and feature content to create compelling broadcasts
• Edits video
• Writes stories for the website and other eMedia platforms
• Interacts with viewers and users on social media sites
• Performs other duties as assigned
Responsibilities & Skills:
• Bachelor's degree in Journalism, or a related field, or an equivalent combination of education and work-related experience
• Fluency in English
• Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
• Minimum two years' experience in news operations (Depending on market size)
• Proficiency with computers, telephones, copiers, scanners, fax machines and other office equipment
• Ability to meet deadlines, prioritize assignments and handle multiple tasks simultaneously
• Flexibility to work any shift
Physical Demands & Work Environment:
The News Producer must be able to stand, sit, conduct telephone conversations, use electronic mail, write letters and memos, conduct face-to-face discussions with individuals or groups, make decisions without supervision, make decisions that impact the results of co-workers, work near others, work outdoors in all weather conditions, and work indoors in environmentally controlled conditions. In addition, the News Producer must be able to lift, set up and operate equipment weighing up to 25 pounds, and be able to handle, control or feel objects, tools or controls. Repetitive movements are required. Work may be conducted in extremely bright or inadequate lighting conditions.
Nexstar Media Group is America’s largest local television and media company with 196 full power stations (including partner stations) in 114 markets addressing nearly 63% of US television households and a growing digital media operation.