WKRC is seeking a bold, energetic, and creative Full-time Assignment Desk Editor.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
• Gathering news affecting the community
• Preparing story items for presentation in the newscasts
• Assisting in the efficient operation of the assignment desk
Required skills and qualifications include, but are not limited to:
• Commitment to journalistic standards of ethics and accuracy
• Ability to communicate effectively
• Basic computer knowledge/word processing skills
• General knowledge and interest in local, national and world news
• Ability to work well under pressure and meet deadlines
• Proficiency with Facebook, Twitter and emerging social media
A Bachelor's degree with a major in journalism is also preferred. This position is full-time and will require working a flexible schedule that includes nights and holidays.
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Drug Free Workplace!