WKRC/Local 12 is looking for a detail-oriented, aggressive, energetic, and creative full-time News Assignment Editor! We are looking for an experienced assignment editor who know how to make contacts, generate story ideas, and react decisively to breaking news. Candidates must have strong logistical skills and the ability to move crews strategically. We need someone with strong communication skills who can coordinate coverage and problem solve unforeseen obstacles. This person must be able to perform calmly and communicate effectively under pressure. Ideal candidates will be familiar with Cincinnati and Northern Kentucky.
Skills and Experience:
• Assign and track news crews
• Identify and develop daily content
• Write and post content to station website and social media sites
• Compelling and accurate writing
• Listen to scanners and react to breaking news, make beat checks, monitor websites and social media, react to developing news
• Develop and maintain contacts and sources for enterprise story ideas
• Listen for and respond to breaking news
• Assisting in the efficient operations of the assignment desk
Requirements and Qualifications:
• Minimum of 1 year of assignment desk experience preferred, not mandatory
• Commitment to journalistic standards of ethics and accuracy
• Ability to communicate effectively
• Basic computer knowledge/word processing skills
• General knowledge and interest in local, national, and world news
• Ability to work well under pressure and meet deadlines
• Proficiency with Facebook, Twitter, and emerging social media platforms
• Bachelor's degree with a major in journalism is also preferred
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug-Free Workplace!
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g34wpq-3-238-24-209-42 in your application.